None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 18 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:03 am

Asking for hepl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Asking for hepl

Post by Yassine on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 am

Question
Hi Mr abdelwahed! How are you doing? I m so grateful to be a memebr in this forum. I'm a student of English at university Moulay Ismail. I have some problems concerning my writting style; I try to avoid them through learning by heart some vocabulary. Unfortunately, I always forget them after a few days, because, as we know, English needs practice with others.So, could you tell me how did you develop your style? And what are the steps I must follow to master this amazing language . I would be happy to get an answer that directely touches what I'm looking for .
Take care

(Sorry if i have made some mistakes ,and pleaze correct them if it is possible. thanks)

Yassine

Back to top Go down

Don't worry

Post by OULGOUT Abdelouahed on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:48 am

study
I promise to write to you the moment I am free. Thank you after all for your registration. Your questions will be kept for further discussion. Arrow
Good Luck, dear mlember.
OULGOUT Abdelouahed
A.OULGOUT

Number of posts : 112
Birthday : 1984-06-28
Job/hobbies : public speaking, poetry, philosophy
Registration date : 2008-09-19

View user profile http://4truth.ecoleforum.com

Back to top Go down

Reply to Yassine 150

Post by OULGOUT Abdelouahed on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:42 am

During my first year at the university, one of my freinds was a bit worry about vocablary; he used to take his dictionary and blindly memorize the voca. items; yet he always forgets what he memorizes, or fails to understand the meanings of words in different contexts."How do you manage to speak fluently?" he asked me once. I told him then that what counts is not the amount of vocabulary you memorize to communicate, but the way you memorize it as well as the amount of time you spend to use them in communication. If, for example, I have 9 (123456789) words belonging to different liguistic categories, think how many sentences and formulations I would be able to construct. E.g., I would have: 1-3-4-2-5-7-8-6-9; 5-6-1-4-7-3-2-9-8;.....etc.
In answer to your question, let me draw your attention to two basic points to consider:
1) Being a book smart in vocabulary learning doesn't guarrantee your being smart in writing.
2) writing is the process of composing words into a meaningful whole. Therefore isloated words wouldn't help you acheive mastery in both writing and speaking. what makes one fleunt in both writing and speaking is his or her ability to contextualise words; that is, to use them for communicative purposes. This is he best way to keep up you vocabulary repertoire.
Thereof, here are some steps to develop your linguistic repertoire:
1) Read alot texts belonging to different topical areas, and strugle to guess the meanings of words from their context. Keep your dictionary as a last resort.
2) Jot down the new voca. items in your notebook, using them in meaningful contexts(sentences, paragraphs, and essays...)
3) Make use of other vocabulary learning strategies. E.g. classification, categorization, collocations (words that go together,...etc)
4) Avoid blind memorization; that is, to blindly absorb words isolated from their context. Focus rather on positive memorization; that is, don't memorize everything. There're things that need memorization, E.g. collocations, idioms, proverbs, poems, citations, and other functional and context-based lexical items.
5) know the different kinds of writings and the way they express meaning. This would enhance your writing style, and make your English sounds more fluent.
OULGOUT Abdelouahed
A.OULGOUT

Back to top Go down

Re: Asking for hepl

Post by yassine150 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:01 am

Hello again Mr abdelwahed! I appreciate so much your answer, Because it shows me how much you are interesetd to help others. I will try to apply your instructions in my writings inchaelah. Do you know, Mr., the reasons that pushed me to ask you, specifically, for help? Actually, the important reason is that you have a level aproximately near or better than several teachers in our university.The more important one is that you are humble, active and easy to deal with. But the most important reason is that I'm sure you have passed through the same problems and obstacles I'm living now . So you are the person who can feel and know how to help me .
I swear that when I read your topics I feel a great will and enthusiasm to work as much as I can to be as in your level. And why not working with each other, one day, in order to show the reality of our Islamic religion and make it well-spread all over the world? But, in this stage, I must work hard in the sense that I'm as a baby. I have to learn how to walk before thinking of running.
See you

yassine150

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OULGOUT Abdelouahed on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:30 am

Peace be upon you, dear Yassine!
Let me first of all congratulate you for you lovely style and level of writing. To be frank, we are all babbies in this life; we are all learning, and education is no more that"the process of discovering our own ignorance". I swear, too, to do my uttmost to match your expectations and be at favour. I welcome, therfore, all calls to serve "the right" against"the might" and try the best to keep the lamp of truth, knowledge, and communication burning!!!

Yours truly,
OULGOUT Abdelouahed Very Happy
OULGOUT Abdelouahed
A.OULGOUT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content